Thursday, February 21, 2013

Non Fiction Response - Cars of the future


The Article I read (from http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/2011/10/cars-of-the-future) was about cars that could drive automatically. It was about GMC’s new breed of cars (that is not available for consumers yet) that can drive automatically. It talked about how it could drive automatically, and from a push of a button from a smartphone, It would come to you.
It also talked about Google’s cars (mostly Toyota Pruis) that could drive automatically. Both companies expect to release this new technology around 2020, and around 2030 nobody will drive manually again.
I think that all-though this might seem ultra-cool to some, I don’t like it. If cars go fully automatic, I can’t drive, and I was looking forward to driving. So this might seem as a very good advance for most– for me, I just wish it didn’t happen for another 60 years. If the automatic car wipes away the place of the car we see today in 2030 like scheduled, I should I have had 13 years of driving, but I would have wanted more. Fortunately I do not think that, that will happen so soon, so I will get in at least 20 years of driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment